[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: BPM, Seam pageflow question?

pietermartin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 24 03:39:04 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I solved the exception I got. It was because the bpm engine is running on its own database which means I need to use XA datasources.

Regarding pageflow and process definition:

I do not have tasks because there is no Actor. The current process is for signing up new users. Should I create a dummy actor and assign a task to this dummy. Does not seem right to me.

The business process is something like
1)start state
2) create contact
3) create account
4) credit check contact
5) capture bank details
6) select product
7) take payment
8) send email
9) end state

All this is done in a single page flow.

Should I just not use bpm at all and only page flow or should the business process be more course grained, i.e. on

1) start state
2) sign up customer
3) send email
4) end state

Management is very keen to have a bpm engine and if I can throw in a enterprise bus of some sorts even better.

Trying to understand how best to use bpm in a seam context.

Thanks
Pieter
Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107456#4107456