[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - For JBoss 4.2.1, will either SQL Server 2005 or MySQL 5.0 a

ratrask do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 01:21:46 EST 2007

I'm going to post this in the JCA / Datasource forum as well, but I think it is possibly more relevant here. I hope this is OK.

I have a very simple cluster with 3 nodes. 1 of the nodes only runs a JCA adapter to access a heavy weight application  on that node and does no database access. so really there are currently only 2 nodes which access the database. I was attempting to get by with a local-tx datasource, as the DefaultDS, but eventually ran into a wall that is forcing me to go to a XA datasource.

Since I started out using MySQL I tried to convert my configuration from local-tx to XA. I ran into a class cast error, and since I found very little information on using MySQL as an XA datasource with JBoss on the web,  I switched to MSSQL which at least has a example configuration of a XA datasource. I can get MSSQL to work as a local-tx, but I can't get it to work as a XA datasource.  Again the chatter on the web seems pretty minimal on this topic.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone has ever made either of these configurations to work with 4.2.1 or if I am just on the wrong track.

I should clarifiy that The error that I am getting is on my XP laptop which I am using for development.  I am using the latest version of SQL Server 2005, and the 1.2 jdbc connector from Microsoft. I installed the recommended Hotfix from Microsoft (http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=47218#241439[/url]),  but I an error which in other places is attributed to trying to create a   database that already exits. (SQLJDBC_XA DTC_ERROR [url]http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2124531&SiteID=17&pageid=0)

The XA datasource seems to be working since if I drop the jboss database asnd recreate it it creates most of the tables, but it dies part way through.

The issue I get with an XA datasource and MSSQL:

16:09:00,290 WARN  [loggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunac
ore.enliststarterror] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.enlist
starterror] TransactionImple.enlistResource - XAResource.start returned: [com.ar
juna.ats.jta.utils.unknownerrorcode] Unknown error code:0 for < 131075, 24, 22,
1-a00020d:479:474a0066:6a00020d:479:474a0066:9^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ >^M
16:09:00,290 ERROR [STDERR] javax.transaction.xa.XAException: java.sql.SQLExcept
ion: Failed to create the XA control connection. Error: xp_sqljdbc_xa_init failu
re, status:0 msg:*** SQLJDBC_XA DTC_ERROR Context: xa_init, state=1, StatusCode:
0 (0x00000000) ***.^M
16:09:00,290 ERROR [STDERR]   at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXAResourc
e.start(Unknown Source)^M
16:09:00,290 ERROR [STDERR]   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedCon
nection.start(XAManagedConnection.java:121)^M
16:09:00,290 ERROR [STDERR]   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.xa.JcaXARe
sourceWrapper.start(JcaXAResourceWrapper.java:113)^M
16:09:00,290 ERROR [STDERR]   at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunac
ore.TransactionImple.enlistResource(TransactionImple.java:774)^M

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107645#4107645

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107645