[jboss-user] [Advanced Documentation] - Functionality of TxInterceptorCMT and its rationale and argu

s5554 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 03:22:55 EST 2007

Hi!

When I run my pojo-java code in Jboss and there happens a sql-exception, it is org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT
that intercepts and catches the exception and throws it out of the container as a RemoteException.

To my surprise I have no chance to catch the sql-exception in my own try - catch block, in contrast to the situation when I run precisely the same java-code without a container. My Jboss version is jboss-4.0.3SP1

Vaguely I conclude or guess that some jta- or j2ee-specification makes the use of a TxInceptorCMT obligatory in container. Am I at all right? If so, which specification?

What to read?

Google is my friend, but so far I have failed to find what to read concerning TxInterceptorCMT. The massive JbossAdminGuide (The JBoss 4 Application Server Guide JBoss AS 4.0.3) seems to be rather sparse on this topic. I would appreciate advice and guidance at this point. Is there some book which would explain in detail the use of interceptors in general or TxInterceptoCMT specifically?

I thank in advance.

Risto

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107653#4107653

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107653