[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messaging Timeout thread pool limits configuration

amalcaraz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 10:12:30 EST 2007

Hi all,
 Do you know any way to configure 'Messaging Timeout' thread queue limits? (MaximumQueueSize, MaximumPoolSize)

I`m trying to run a unittest but the AS throws a cascade of exceptions like this (the thread queue is full):
18:37:15,609 ERROR [Log4jService$ThrowableListenerLoggingAdapter] Unhandled Throwable
  | org.jboss.util.threadpool.ThreadPoolFullException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Pool is blocked
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.execute(BasicThreadPool.java:417)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.runTaskWrapper(BasicThreadPool.java:192)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.run(BasicThreadPool.java:212)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.run(BasicThreadPool.java:206)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory.doWork(TimeoutFactory.java:223)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory.access$000(TimeoutFactory.java:41)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory$1.run(TimeoutFactory.java:136)

I have update MessagingTimeoutFactory.java with:
private void createFactory()
  | {
  |    BasicThreadPool threadPool = new BasicThreadPool("Messaging Timeout");
  |    threadPool.setMaximumQueueSize(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
  |    factory = new TimeoutFactory(threadPool);
  | }

and the exceptions disapear.

This update has test purpouses only. In production environment it should be a configurable parameter in destinations-service.xml.

Is this feature available?

Thanks at all,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107759#4107759

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107759