[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: No suitable driver found for java:PostgresDS

chewbacca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 11:29:07 EST 2007

Hi Vicky (or anyone else who is willing to help),

  After testing based on the resource you provided me, the problem is even more isolated now:

  If I use the code below, IT WORKS:

     <sql:setDataSource  var="example"  driver="org.postgresql.Driver"  url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jboss"  user="jboss"  password="jboss"/>

       <sql:query var="qryPosts" dataSource="${example}">
                  SELECT postname, comments FROM public.posts
          </sql:query>

  When I use this code, IT DOESN'T WORK:

     <sql:setDataSource  var="example"  dataSource="java:/PostgresDS"/>

       <sql:query var="qryPosts" dataSource="${example}">
                  SELECT postname, comments FROM public.posts
          </sql:query>

I believe the problem is the way I have configured the data source on JBoss. I probably have done something wrong, but I followinf the JBoss Getting Started guide besides other resources.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Andre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107787#4107787