[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Webservice not starting in AS 4.2.2

isthisusernameavailable do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 12:57:03 EST 2007

"richard.opalka at jboss.com" wrote : Hi,

  |    which version of JBossWS are you using? Just FYI there will be a new version of JBossWS 2.0.2 downloadable soon which is well tested on JBossAS 4.2.2. I suggest you to upgrade.
  |
  | Richard

Hi Richard,

I've upgraded to JBoss 4.2.2 and JbossWS 2.0.2, but I'm still seeing the same problem.  Here's sample code that I'm using.

@Remote
  | public interface IHelloWorld {
  |     public String hello();
  | }
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @Clustered(partition="DefaultPartition")
  | @WebService(serviceName="HelloWorld")
  | public class HelloWorld implements IHelloWorld {
  |     @WebMethod
  |     public String hello() {
  |         return "hello, world";
  |     }
  | }

I'm creating a simple jar file with these two classes in it.  When I copy this jar file to my deploy directory in JBoss 4.2.1/JBossws 1.2.1, I see this message:

WebService started: http://127.0.0.1:8080/HelloWorldService/HelloWorld

When I deploy it to JBoss 4.2.2/JBossws 2.0.2, I do not see this line, and the web service is not started.

Is there something I need to do to explicitly start the webservice in 4.2.2/2.0.2?

Thanks,
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107839#4107839

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107839