[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: far cache pattern

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 07:34:49 EST 2007

"mbroons" wrote : Can i use this pattern to provide some kind of highly available cluster ?

Yes.

"mbroons" wrote :
  | I would have cluster A caches delegating to far cache A (inside the cluster A)
  | I would have cluster B caches delegating to far cache B (inside the cluster B)
  |
  | Can i set up something like:
  |
  | cluster A caches delegating to far cache A delegating to far cache B
  | cluster B caches delegating to far cache B delegating to far cache A
  |
  | there is cyclic dependency there. What will happen exactly ?

Not a cyclic dependency, but far cache A and far cache B replicating to each other may cause issues.  Why not just have something like:

  | Cluster A delegates to far cache A (FC-A)
  | Cluster B delegates to far cache B (FC-B)
  |
  | FC-A and FC-B are in their own, separate cluster replicating state between themselves.

This way, you still have 2 separate clusters (A and B) using far cache backends (FC-A and FC-B), and FC-A and FC-B are fail-safe since they back up to each other, and also cluster A and B can see the state in each other via the far caches.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108034#4108034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108034