[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Get page name during layout rendering

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 08:04:13 EST 2007

Hi,

What's the recommended way to access page information (e.g. : its name, its type, ...) during layout rendering (with JSP layout) ?

I need this to display a breadcrump. The only way I've found is to define it in the navigation region, but I wish I could move the output code outside the header.

You can use Navigation.getCurrentNode() inside portlet or navigation tabs, but this doesn't work inside the layout JSP since the servlet request is not populated the same way (cf. LayoutDispatcher).

I can't imagine you can't display the page name using the layout JSP, how do you achieve that ?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108049#4108049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108049