[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache with Hibernate on Glassfish v2

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 08:16:18 EST 2007

"eric.hubert" wrote : "genman" wrote :
  |   | I don't personally have a problem with wanting to know about these things
  |   |
  | With due respect I wouldn't care much about you having those problems. ;)

lol!

"eric.hubert" wrote :
  | So at the moment I have to think about how to solve my problem best. I could write my own implementation of the CacheProvider interface. But would that be clever? It seems to be a good idea to also use the underlying logic of the CacheFactory.
  |
  | If I got it right I had to register the CacheJmxWrapperBean with Glassfish's MBean-Server and change the way how the MBeanServer is located. Seems pretty simple, If that would be all. Well, I guess I'll see.
  | It might be a good idea to make the MBeanLookup-Code exchangeable.

I haven't looked into it much, but if you can write a CacheProvider that *does* in fact use a generic lookup - perhaps try a JBoss-specific lookup as in the current provider, and if that fails, fall back to a generic getPlatformMBeanServer(), and failing that as well, perhaps look in a "known location" in JNDI.

This is a part of the Hibernate codebase though, and it may be a good idea to make suggestions there as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108052#4108052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108052