[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache with Hibernate on Glassfish v2

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 08:19:30 EST 2007

"mirko27" wrote : Any progress on this part?
  | JBoss subprojects claim to be application server independent but somehow they never work out-of-box:(
  | Unfortunately JBoss Cache is quite only cluster-supportive cache for hibernate.

JBoss Cache works out of the box, as does Hibernate.  It all depends on how you use it.  Looking up a cache instance in JMX, unfortunately, as Eric pointed out, has only become standardised in Java 5.  If we can do this generically, great.  If not, the effort to write a cache provider that creates a cache and puts it *somewhere* to be looked up at a later point in time is trivial.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108053#4108053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108053