[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: asynchronous webservice posible with jboss ?

kadlecp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 10:51:39 EST 2007

Hello,

according to my testing, oneway method does not return the thread of control to the calling application prior to executing the actual business method.

I have read the spec, but please can somebody know answer these questions?

1. Is it possible to call oneway method in asynchronous manner?
2. I know that I can add "Async" suffix to the method and jbossws will call method in asynchronous manner, but I think that it's only simulation of asynchronous behaviour. Connection between client and server is hold until webservice method exists. Or am I wrong? I would like that client calls the webservice method and all connections are immediately closed.

I use JBossWS-4.2.1.GA and JBossWS-2.0.0.GA

Thank for reply
Regards
Pavel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108121#4108121