[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Using JBPM for document workflow in a Java/Flex CMS software

Bouiaw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 16:21:02 EST 2007

Hi,

I plan to use JBPM in Igenko, an open source CMS software based on Jackrabbit (JSR 170), Spring 2.5, Flex and Graniteds (Open source solution for communication between the Java core and the Flex front end).

JBPM will be mainly used to manage document (page, content ...) workflows. I have seen that JBPM can store JCR nodes to achieve this goal.

I just begin to work with Jackrabbit and JCR so excuse me if my question is stupid ;-)

After reading JBPM documentation (http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/userguide/docmgmt.html), I found that it was possible to store a reference to a JCR node as a variable instance. A typical use case for me will be to find documents associated to a task (validation for example).

Another use case will be to know the state for each document in my JCR. For good performance, I should store the document state in JCR, as an attribute of my node, but having 2 document states stored (JBPM and JCR) is a bad idea I think.

How is the best way to manage and to store the document state in my case in a performant and robust way ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Sébastien Deleuze

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108239#4108239

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108239