[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Question on Basic WS Authentication

mendaye do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 16:41:06 EST 2007

Hello All,

I have implemented JAX_WS web services using JBoss Web Service stack bundled with JBoss 4.2.2_GA. I have used EJB3.0 as service end point. I would like to extend basic authentication for the consumers. The user, encrypted password and roles for the applications are stored in the database.  Can someone answer my questions below?

1. What do I need to do on the server side (EJB 3 service end point) in order to authenticate the consumer. In my case all the credential   (user name, password, and roles) stored in DB. Point me document or example..

2. What do I need to do on the consumer side?  Pls give me example.

3. The application uses different encryption to encrypt password.   How can I enforce the client to use the same encryption?  Based on my requirement consumer can not send plain text password over the wire to the Jboss server.

Thanks in advance for helping this out..

Surafel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108242#4108242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108242