[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: migrating from ServiceMBeanSupport

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 27 18:11:29 EST 2007

"jhalliday" wrote :
  | The software is used standalone as well as in JBossAS. Internally we will continue to use MBeans as that's easiest for the standalone version. The JBossAS integration previously called  ServiceMBeanSupport.getServer() to get an MBeanServer for use internally. What is the equivalent call in MC (or AS5.0)?

MC is all about POJOs.
So there is no direct link to MBeanServer or other MC internals.
But you can simply get that injected - @Inject or via XML.
It's up to your bean. ;-)

"jhalliday" wrote :
  | We previously used NotificationListener to register such that a method on our bean is invoked when some other bean (jboss.system:type=Server) entered a specified state (running).  Is there a way to wire such a thing in MC? It's not quite the same as requiring the other bean to be started before our bean. Indeed, such a solution is not viable as we must start earlier.  The BarrierController seems close to what I need but the example is old - is this functionality still present in MC? (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=BarrierController)

You can use different dependency mechanisms. From the one's that already exist - depend, demand - or you can easily write your own.
Or there is also KernelEventListener - http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/kernel/src/main/org/jboss/kernel/spi/event/ - if that's what suites you best.
e.g.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108258#4108258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108258