[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss sizing (examples, sites, simple architecture?)

Soon5 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 02:09:19 EST 2007

Hy Jorwo

"Jorwo" wrote :
  | -> What is some typical implementation for an internet site with JBoss Portal? Cache, Hibernate, Clustering, AS? Others? Tomcat is really essential?

You need an Application Server. Tomcat allone isn't enough, because Portal needs the Application Server features.

anonymous wrote :
  | -> On an internet site, what should we use as web server ? Apache connected to JB Portal? Or Tomcat? Or JBoss Portal in itself is secure enough?

You can't use Apache, because Apache is not Java Servlet Container. In the Internet, you will use an Application Server like JBoss AS, with a Servlet Container like Tomcat running.

anonymous wrote :
  | -> Are there any reference docs that explain some of the typical sizing done on sites using JBoss Portal ? I need to start worrying about what kind of server (how many, etc) I'm supposed to buy.

This makes me ask, how many Users you are expecting. Im still rolling out JBoss Portal in the company i'm working in, so I can't provide some Numbers for you yet.

Greetings
Soon5

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108311#4108311

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108311