[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss sizing (examples, sites, simple architecture?)

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 02:32:10 EST 2007

"Jorwo" wrote :
  | -> On an internet site, what should we use as web server? Apache connected to JB Portal? Or Tomcat? Or JBoss Portal in itself is secure enough?
  |
  | -> Are there any reference docs that explain some of the typical sizing done on sites using JBoss Portal? I need to start worrying about what kind of server (how many, etc) I'm supposed to buy.

These questions are very application dependent and cannot really be answered abstractly... as there is no typical implementation: you cannot compare a "hobby" deployment of Portal for a personal website with a business critical deployment within a major company.

You might benefit from hiring one of our consultants who will work with you to help you figure out these issues based on your requirements and get you started faster. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108317#4108317

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108317