[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: clickable dataTable: DataModelSelection or method parame

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 05:40:41 EST 2007

DataModelSelection - understood, thank you.

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : I prefer page parameters over both.

Page parameters is something I did not work with until now. I've read the documentation and try to understand. I am not sure if I understand the concepts behind it (and behind pages.xml at all).

I like Seam for it's effort to reduce xml (and it does a great job in this), so until now I did not understand why there comes a new file pages.xml into play.

I've used it one single time so far, because I needed a page action. That time, I did not understand why I should put something there (I even could have imagined a special page tag which does nothing but calling that action before rendering - with pages.xml, this is one more case of strange behind-the-scenes-magic which no follow up developer will understand on first look at sources).

With page parameters, there seem again to come a new kind of magic, parameters which jump into URLs where you cannot see at first sight where they come from.

Why would you prefer page parameters over EL parameters?

I still have the problem that I have two different, but similar tables on one page with similar action links. With EL parameters, I have one action method for both. Can I even do this with page parameters in an elegant way like this?

Marcus.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108363#4108363

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108363