[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Filter + Commons fileupload problem

Holger Prause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 09:43:39 EST 2007

Hello,

i am using the commons file upload api in a servlet to upload files.

I noticed when declaring the seam filter in web.xml

  |     <filter>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
  |         <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter</filter-class>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
  |         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>

common file upload dont recognizes the multipart content anymore
(statement returns false)

  | boolean isMultipart = ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request);

Well i also tested this on other upload apis(oreilly, seam fileupload) and it seems only to be a problem with the commons fileupload api(commons-fileupload-1.2).

I got 2 questions on this.

1) Does the Seam Web Filter do something "unusual" to the request object?
2) i noticed when i declare the filter this way:

  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
  |         <url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>

  it works ,will i have any drawbacks with that solution?

Thx very much,

Bye

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108494#4108494

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108494