[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Question about webservice returning array with nillable=

fheldt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 28 11:35:01 EST 2007

I changed the wsdl by hand and it works now, but i also investigated this topic a little further. No matter what i change the return type to, JBossWS always generates the same result (and that's a bug imho):

  | @WebMethod
  | public Integer[] GetSteps(String ugid) {
  | }
  |
  | or
  |
  | @WebMethod
  | public int[] GetSteps(String ugid) {
  | }

give both

  |   <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://jaxb.dev.java.net/array" version="1.0" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  |    <xs:complexType final="#all" name="intArray">
  |     <xs:sequence>
  |      <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="item" nillable="true" type="xs:int"/>
  |     </xs:sequence>
  |    </xs:complexType>
  |   </xs:schema>
  |   <message name="QMWebService_GetStepsResponse">
  |     <part name="return" type="ns1:intArray">
  |     </part>
  |   </message>

in the int[] case i would suppose nillable="false", else nillable="true", right?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108575#4108575

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108575