[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: migrating from ServiceMBeanSupport

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 07:37:25 EST 2007

ok, so I must be doing something wrong then. I take a class that previously extended ServiceMBeanSupport. I change it so it no longer does so. I change startService() to start(). I drop it into the app server and hey presto, thing that depend upon it break.

12:29:28,517 INFO  [JMXKernel] Legacy JMX core initialized
12:29:41,350 INFO  [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://127.0.0.1:8083/
12:29:43,385 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss:service=invoker,type=local state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: TransactionManager not bound
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:542)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:550)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:556)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:296)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:669)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:629)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
        at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.startService(LocalInvoker.java:77)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:299)

If I'm reading that trace right, the name=jboss:service=invoker,type=local bean is being started and running into problems because start() has not jet been called on the transaction manager bean. I think there is some mismatch here between the lifecycle that occured under ServiceMBeanSupport. vs. the one I get with MC.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108862#4108862

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108862