[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: ClusteredCacheLoader + LOCAL CacheMode

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 09:45:45 EST 2007

So now im left asking myself what the hell is ClusteredCacheLoader used for??

Doesnt make sense to use it with a replicated cache, you could use it with invalidation and you cant use it with a local cache.

Then i come across this
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=118598

2 Reasons are given as to why to use it.
Reason 1 doesnt make sense to me if you cant set your cache to LOCAL, to avoid the initial state transfer but if you have to run in replication or invalidation mode then this transfer has to happen or maybe i dont see the other case(s).
Reason 2 i cant comment on because i dont know what the overhead of writing to persisten store is yet!!(On my todo list ;) )

And the very last comment

anonymous wrote :
  | The other reason for using a CCL is if you don't want any replication at all - i.e., caches are configured as LOCAL, but use a shared database as a cache loader. This way, you could use a CCL as well to prevent overloading your shared DB.

So i assume the above statement is incorrect, you cant use it when set to LOCAL or is there a case when you can?

Basically what i wanted was 2 standalone nodes without any replication/validation going on but with the ability to ask the other if they had data if it doesnt have it. Looks like its not to be...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108906#4108906

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108906