[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 + JBoss Tools (IDE)

errorken123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 09:55:06 EST 2007

I'm looking for a way to generate all the stuff I need to deploy my EJB3 enterprise project. I downloaded JBoss 4.2, Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss tools 2.0 RC1 which I extracted in the eclipe 3.3 root directory.

All goes fine; I can use the wizard to create session beans (V3) which creates nice skeletons with all the annotations I need. Also deploying it on JBoss and testing the EJB with a standalone client is no problem.

Now; I'm wondering how can I generate the container specific deployment descriptors such as jboss.xml ? I'm also planning to do some tests with JPA, for which I have the same question on how I can generate the persitence.xmk. For the JBoss.xml I allready found some JBoss annotations which do the same thing, however I would really like to add some specific things in the jboss.xml. No doubt I can create it manually, but there must be some automatic way to do this ? Or perhaps there is a way that the annotations in the code can serve as a foundation for the jboss.xml ... (xdoclet allike)

for example; the JNDI location where the beans are deployed, a default could easily be generated for the session beans I have in my project. I'm also a bit confused with the "jboss tools" for eclipse, there seems to be little functioanlityt in eclipse , besides the EJB3 session bean templates I cannot see anything special (for example, if I do new->jboss tools->descriptors there is no '3.0' descritpor, only 2.0 and 2.1)

Some help would be greatly appreciated, I cannot find any usefull documentation on "jboss tools" on this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108911#4108911

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108911