[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems Using Oracle datasource to run a Seam Test usin

kfletcher2005 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 10:45:19 EST 2007

Not necessarily all the services the embedded container has to offer, just the persistence part.  It gives me more confidence in the unit test when I test against oracle.  When a dba applys changes adds/removes contraints/columns to our oracle schema, I really don't want to have to sync up each change and apply to hypersonic because its a maintenance headache trying to keep the DDL/DML synchronized - (at least I don't know of a way to auto-sync the schema changes between oracle and hypersonic).   I know you can use the entities themselves to create/drop the tables in hypersonic, but there are times we have to write native sql and or stored procedures to optimize performance.  If we are exclusively using the ORM layer for persistence, I guess we could use hypersonic for testNG and allow the create-drop feature in persistence.xml, but that would give us limited test coverage.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4108943#4108943

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4108943