[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam security / identity.logout

b.reeve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 13:23:37 EST 2007

Thanks Shane.

I see one more behavior
When i provide the wrong username or password, my configured login method is being called twice. On debugging I see that the method authenticate of Identity class

  | public void authenticate()
  |       throws LoginException
  |    {
  |       // If we're already authenticated, then don't authenticate again
  |       if (!isLoggedIn())
  |       {
  |          authenticate( getLoginContext() );
  |       }
  |    }

is getting called again when my login fails. And once more it runs through my login method and completes.

I am returning true on sucessful login and false on failure and I am checking #{identity.loggedIn} in my pages.xml file. But that is getting called at the very end which is correct, but I can't understand why authenticate is called once again when the login returns false.

Any thoughts about this would be really helpful as there is a whole lot of code going inside my login and I dont want it to be called unnecessarily.

Thanks !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109028#4109028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109028