[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Problem with one-to-many assotiations in Hibernate with

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 16:02:08 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : If take a look at log in JIRA, then JBoss cache FIX CACHE MISS!

Not sure what you mean here.

anonymous wrote :
  | And Hibernate reassign FOREIGN KEY at Movie.
  | But cache at Movie Category don't fresh ?!?!

JBoss Cache doesn't somehow automatically change what's cached when a Movie's foreign key changes -- it's up to Hibernate's 2nd level cache management code to tell it to do that.  That's why I say you need to discuss this on the Hibernate forums -- the Hibernate developers are the ones who understand when they refresh the cache.  JBC just stores what it is told to store.

Imagine Hibernate supported using a java.util.HashMap as a 2nd level cache.  If you were having this problem, you wouldn't go to your JRE vendor to find out why the HashMap contents are not what you expect.  You'd start by discussing the problem with the Hibernate folks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109068#4109068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109068