[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Page security not working in 2.6.2GA?

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 29 17:49:43 EST 2007

Hello

I'm working with jboss-portal-2.6.2.GA-bundled on Windows.  I have unzipped and started the server.  I haven't changed a single config file.

When I try to apply page level security constraints through the Admin portlet, I don't see any difference in behavior.  I have restricted the weather page to only allow Admin users to view, viewrecursive, personalize, and personalizerecursive, yet when I try to view that portlet as a user who has not logged in, I can still see the page and the portlet.

When I apply the same settings to the portlet instance, I immediately see the results I am expecting:  the page opens but the weather portlet is absent.

Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?  I've been through the manual and the reference but I don't see my mistake.  I really want to be able to restrict access to a page and send people to the default homepage when they try to access that page.

 Nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109093#4109093

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109093