[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: External Client and Seam Security

agnadello do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 01:35:52 EST 2007

About it being a common scenario or not...

Given the following:

 - I'd like to have one single EJB Entity bean model for my application.
 - My EJB Entity beans is annotated with the @Restrict tag for use in Seam.
 - My Entity beans is configured to use Seam Entity Security (orm.xml).
 - I have a non-Seam client who uses the same Entity beans as Seam.

Since my non-Seam client isn't authenticated through Seam, the Seam EntityListener will always throw AuthorizationException on Identity.instance().checkPermission(...).

This was the initial problem which started the effort to login and use Seam security from non-Seam client.

The application have both JSF clients and Quartz POJO clients using the same Entity beans which is (IMHO) not a very uncommon scenario :-)

Anyways, I'll file it to JIRA.

Thanks a lot Shane for the help!

Cheers!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109152#4109152