[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Log4j keeps on logging on STDOUT

stlecho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 05:47:24 EST 2007

Hi,

Our application is based on the Spring framework and deployed in JBoss v4.0.2-GA. The logging aspects of the application are configured with an application-specific log4j.xml. This file is initialized with the Log4JConfigurer Spring bean and contains an ERROR level for the org.hibernate category.

The JBoss log4j.xml file defined in server/default/conf contains by default a CONSOLE appender. I have removed this appender and all usages of it. This file contains no org.hibernate category.

Although the level for the org.hibernate category is defined as ERROR, I remark that there are Hibernate logs on STDOUT:
2007-11-30 10:23:54,237 INFO  [JMS SessionPool Worker-1] [STDOUT:152] Hibernate: select officeimpl0_.id as id18_, officeimpl0_.officeNr as officeNr18_, officeimpl0_.timestamp as timestamp18_ from T_Office officeimpl0_ where officeimpl0_.officeNr=?

I have no idea how these Hibernate loggings are injected trough STDOUT into the application-specific log file. Is there an explanation for this - from my point of view - rather strange behavior ?

Regards, Stefan Lecho.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109225#4109225

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109225