[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Connection closed problem after DB restart.

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 06:30:35 EST 2007

"jackminder" wrote : I never see these errors during normal operation just when the oracle 10g RAC database is restarted.  So I would not think this would be a connection leak.  I guess I could increate the blocking timeout.  Any recommendations for this?

Increasing the blocking timeout means that you are sure that the connections are held for longer time in your application code .
That means that you have some genuine long ruinning SQL's which can't be optimized  anymore and the server peak load is consuming all the connections .
The first things you should try is to increase the pool size and if this can't be don't then you can go and increase the blocking time .

anonymous wrote : Is the JMX-Console provided in Jboss 3.2.2?
Yes it is there , don't feel lazy to run http://localhost:8080/jmx-console when Jboss3.2.2 is running .
If you get lazy in starting the Jboss3.2.2 then look for the jmx-console folder in the $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jmx-console.war :)

Finally think of doing SQL tunining , I guess you need it .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109253#4109253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109253