[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam without DB/persistence tier:Dependency libs

Techieexchange do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 08:49:57 EST 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : Sorry, we can't help you unless you tell us a specific problem (like what exceptions are thrown), what server your are using et.c

Seam 2.0 GA with plain Tomcat 5.5

I found from other thread to disable Seam transaction (in components.xml). But why still we need persistence.xml file and all other persistence releated libs like Hibernate*.jar, persistence-api.jar etc.,

If you try the itext example (which uses no DB), deploy on plain Tomcat 5.5/6 then you can see the problem live.

I understand that Seam comes with full application stack, but for some rapid prototype  to show Seam features (+JSF), we don't need to have DB tier.

If possible, please consider a feature request to pack  plain Seam example with RichFaces without any dependency to DB/EIS tier in next release.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109318#4109318

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109318