[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: different order between sending and receiving(FIFO)

garneke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 11:54:57 EST 2007

One last point.  In addition to using a 2 second timeout on the receive call, I also pause for .25 seconds before calling receive again if I do timeout.  I was hoping to avoid that "race condition" that I have read is possible ( or was possible ).

However, remember that messages are moving at around 200 ms intervals.  I should never timeout.  The only evidence that I have is that the logs on the sending side do not show any signs that writing to the Queue was delayed during any of the "out of order" periods.  The logging on the receiving side is limited to just the bad messages.

Thanks In Advance, for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109389#4109389

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109389