[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - When do you need to create additional instances of a portlet

afichtner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 17:06:02 EST 2007

I'm using JBoss 2.6.2 and I want to include the same portlet  in a couple of different places in my portal.  However, in each place, it would clip a different web page.  In other words, each time I use the PortletBridge portlet, I'd want to set different preferences for it.

Let's say I in one place it displays google, in the 2nd it displays yahoo.

By default, PortletBridge (which is deployed seperately from my application on JBoss) has already created a single PortletBridgeInstance.

Do I need to create 2 new instances of PortletBridge, so that I can set one instance's URL pref to google, the other's to yahoo?

(and if so, where do I create them?  I tried creating  them in my own portal's portlet-instances.xml but it failed because it appended my portal's name to the path and so couldn't find myportal.org.portletbridge.portlet.PortletBridgePortlet)

Or.... can I just have both places use the single PortletBridgeInstance that already exists?

(and, if so, where would I specify the preferences in each place?  Note that I need this to all be done inside of the WAR, not through the web UI)

Thanks!
Abby

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109469#4109469

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109469