[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: When do you need to create additional instances of a por

afichtner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 17:33:12 EST 2007

Thank you.  Here is my portlet-instances.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE deployments PUBLIC
  |    "-//JBoss Portal//DTD Portlet Instances 2.6//EN"
  |    "http://www.jboss.org/portal/dtd/portlet-instances_2_6.dtd">
  | <deployments>
  |    <deployment>
  |       <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |       <instance>
  |          <instance-id>GooglePortletBridgeInstance</instance-id>
  |          <portlet-ref>org.portletbridge.portlet.PortletBridgePortlet</portlet-ref>
  |       </instance>
  |       <preferences>
  |         <preference>
  |           <name>initUrl</name>
  |           <value>http://www.google.com</value>
  |         </preference>
  |       </preferences>
  |    </deployment>
  | </deployments>

I don't think my *-object.xml is an issue becuase the above doesn't work.  Instead, here is my jboss-app.xml:

<jboss-app>
  |    <app-name>ehealth</app-name>
  | </jboss-app>

When I deploy, I get the following error:
anonymous wrote : 17:24:17,203 WARN  [PortletAppDeployment] Failed to create instance GooglePortletBridgeInstance of portlet ehealth.org.portletbridge.portlet.PortletBridgePortlet because portlet ehealth.org.portletbridge.portlet.PortletBridgePortlet is not available

As you can see, it appended my app name ("ehealth") to the portletbridge package name, so now it can't find it.

Do you know how I can stop it from appending my application's name to the front so that it can find the portlet?

Thanks!
Abby

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109476#4109476

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109476