[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-bay web services example broken in Seam 2.0.0GA

jsolderitsch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 30 22:07:00 EST 2007

I posted a reply to a previous topic, but there are 2 things I need help with.

I did an ant clean followed by an ant deploy for the seam-bay example. I am running on JBoss 4.2.2.

The home page for this demo comes up fine. There is a reference:

anonymous wrote : You can access the web service test page here.

on the page. When I click "here" I get the test Web Service page.

There are 2 issues. One is that the service related URL at the top of the page is wrong:

anonymous wrote :         Selected Web Service: Login

  |         Endpoint: /AuctionServiceService/AuctionService

I get a 404 error when I try to do any test.

If I modify the web.xml for the app to include:

<servlet>
  |   <servlet-name>AuctionService</servlet-name>
  |   <servlet-class>org.jboss.seam.example.seambay.AuctionService</servlet-class>
  |   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  |  </servlet>
  | <servlet-mapping>
  |   <servlet-name>AuctionService</servlet-name>
  |
  |   <url-pattern>/AuctionService</url-pattern>
  | </servlet-mapping>

then I can replace the anonymous wrote : AuctionServiceService part with anonymous wrote : seam-bay and I no longer get the 404.

But then the web service itself doesn't work. I see for example when trying to test the login service:

<env:Envelope xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'><env:Header></env:Header>
  | <env:Body><env:Fault xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>
  | <faultcode>env:Server</faultcode><faultstring>No active session context</faultstring>
  | </env:Fault></env:Body>
  | </env:Envelope>

And in the run.sh console I see:

21:56:23,471 ERROR [SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS] SOAP request exception
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active session context
  |         at org.jboss.seam.security.Identity.instance(Identity.java:157)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.example.seambay.AuctionService.login(AuctionService.java:19)

I really would like to get this example to work because I want to add a web services facade on some Seam components that I am developing.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4109505#4109505

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4109505