[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - clustering not working

mermaid do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 07:13:06 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have followed the steps given in the docs for clustering web applications .But failover doesnt work with 2 servers.
The 2 servers are running on different machines.I have installed apache with mod_jk on both the machines.
when I shut down my server with the other server running and try to access the web application by using localhost:port/samplewebapp , it gives page cannot be displayed error.
I have changed theRMi port on the other server to 11099 whereas the RMI port in my machine is 1099.Is that a Pblm?
I am sending the properties and config files.Please let me know if there are any errors in the configurations

mod-jk.conf
# Load mod_jk module
# Specify the filename of the mod_jk lib
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

# Where to find workers.properties
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties

# Where to put jk logs
JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
JkLogLevel info

# Select the log format
JkLogStampFormat  "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"

# JkOptions indicates to send SSK KEY SIZE
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

# JkRequestLogFormat
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"

# Mount your applications
JkMount /application/* loadbalancer

# You can use external file for mount points.
# It will be checked for updates each 60 seconds.
# The format of the file is: /url=worker
# /examples/*=loadbalancer
JkMountFile conf/uriworkermap.properties

# Add shared memory.
# This directive is present with 1.2.10 and
# later versions of mod_jk, and is needed for
# for load balancing to work properly
JkShmFile logs/jk.shm

# Add jkstatus for managing runtime data
<Location /jkstatus/>
    JkMount status
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1

workers.properties
# Define list of workers that will be used
# for mapping requests
worker.list=loadbalancer,status

# Define Node1
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node1.port=8009
worker.node1.host=10.18.18.119
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.lbfactor=1

# Define Node2
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node2.port=8009
worker.node2.host=10.18.18.16
worker.node2.type=ajp13
worker.node2.lbfactor=1

# Load-balancing behaviour
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
#worker.list=loadbalancer

# Status worker for managing load balancer
worker.status.type=status
uriworkermap.properties

# Simple worker configuration file

# Mount the Servlet context to the ajp13 worker
/jmx-console=loadbalancer
/jmx-console/*=loadbalancer
/web-console=loadbalancer
/web-console/*=loadbalancer
I have added the following lines in the httpd.conf file
# Include mod_jk's specific configuration file
Include conf/mod-jk.conf
have added mod_jk.so file into the modules folder of apache
Have installed apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
Have done the following changes to the server.xml

... ...

and in jboss-service.xml
true
In web.xml ,I have added
<web-app >

and in jboss-web.xml

<replication-config>
     <replication-granularity>ATTRIBUTE</replication-granularity>
      <replication-trigger>SET_AND_NON_PRIMITIVE_GET</replication-trigger>
  </replication-config>
  <!-- EJB Local References -->
</jboss-web>
I have deployed my application in the all/deploy folder without changing the server name.

There are no errors in the mod_jk.log file.
I am not able to figure out what is the pblm?
please help?
Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090160#4090160

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090160