[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Rather simple but doesn't work

woo37830 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 15:19:54 EDT 2007

I cd'd to my jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA directory and typed:

seam setup
then
seam new-project
then
seam explode

It all appeared to work, to create ear app to access some existing mySQL tables.  The console in which JBoss app server was running gave me a dump however with the pertinent lines...

15:08:46,674 INFO  [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/Applications/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy/seam_queuedb.ear/
15:08:47,441 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/Applications/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy/seam_queuedb.ear/seam_queuedb.jar/
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: ejb-jar.xml must either obey the right xml schema or define a valid DOCTYPE!

Now, I followed directions so why the failure?  Also, I read that the ejb-jar.xml file is OPTIONAL.  I followed the instructions, so why is it being asked for and what do I do about it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090387#4090387

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090387