[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - jboss.bind.address

fuzzybinary do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 1 17:34:42 EDT 2007

Not sure if this is a beginners question or not but it strikes me as one so I'll post it here.

I've tracked down a messaging / clustering problem to the way jboss binds to specific addresses, which defaults to only listening on localhost.  In a two machine cluster, this doesn't make sense, so of course I bind to the machine's IP address using:
run.sh -c  -b IPAddress

What I'm wondering about is whether there's a way around specifying the IP address?  I've been removing jboss.bind.address calls, but I'm not sure which ones to actually remove to get a clustered install working, and which ones I should leave as is (to prevent "random" access to the machine).

Any suggestions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090433#4090433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090433