[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Update to JBoss IDE beta3 -> lots of problems ...

tdemuth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 06:20:03 EDT 2007

Ok, the Packaging-Problem first occured in beta2 exists in beta3, too. When I configure "Packaging Archives" and press the button "Apply" (or in beta2 choose "Run Packaging") a popup occurs "An internal error occured. See error log for details.". In error log view I found te following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to beginRule: F/Cube Frontoffice/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches, does not match outer scope rule: P/Cube Server
  | at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:62)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ThreadJob.illegalPush(ThreadJob.java:116)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ThreadJob.push(ThreadJob.java:225)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.begin(ImplicitJobs.java:80)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.beginRule(JobManager.java:219)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:96)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:1684)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.delete(Resource.java:681)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.delete(Resource.java:667)
  | at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.delete(LaunchConfiguration.java:210)
  | at org.jboss.ide.eclipse.packaging.ui.actions.PackagingRunAction$1.run(PackagingRunAction.java:185)
  | at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Project "Cube Frontoffice" depends on Project "Cube Server". I tried to package the Project "Cube Server". Both Projects reside in a Workspace on drive F:, a drive P: does not exist - and apparently did never exist on my computer, because I'm far, far away from using P: as drive-letter ;). Running the packaging-build.xml as ant-file works without problems. Turning Packaging off and newly configuring it, did no solve the problem.

So, do you have any suggestions? The problem is not critical because there is a working work-around, but using the built-in Packaging-mechanism was very convenient for me.

kind regards
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090563#4090563

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090563