[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Simple selectOneMenu Example/seamgen

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 10:06:39 EDT 2007

Ok, I got the problem sorted.

The problem was that I had the convertEntity tag before selectOneMenu. The solution was to move it AFTER the selectOneMenu, thusly:

  |          <s:decorate id="statusDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">status</ui:define>
  |                <h:selectOneMenu id="status" value="#{deliverableHome.instance.status}">
  |                    <s:selectItems value="#{allStatus.resultList}"
  |                                   var="status" noSelectionLabel="Select..."
  |                                   label="#{status.description}"/>
  |                    <s:convertEntity />
  |                </h:selectOneMenu>
  |             </s:decorate>

I spent the better part of a day trying to figure this out. The solution is not immediately obvious, and the error message was completely unhelpful to try and diagnose the problem.

IMHO, this type of example should be part of the seam 101 examples. In every web app there is always a controlled vocabulary list where the user needs to pick a value from a list.

Thanks for reading and replying to my post.  I hope this reply helps someone in the future.

Cheers!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090667#4090667

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090667