[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Does setJMSPriority() actually do anything?

homerlex do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 11:08:02 EDT 2007

JBoss 4.2.1.GA with JBossMQ.

I have a stateless session bean that puts a bunch of messages on the JMS queue.  It is setting the priority of each message (setJMSPriority) to various ints from 0-10.  However, the consumer of the message is getting the messages in the same order that they are put on the queue regardless of priority.  Am I missing something here?  Shouldn't the higher priority messages come off the queue first?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090708#4090708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090708