[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Entity converter in page param?

jimk1723 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 16:02:40 EDT 2007

I was hoping this page param would work, but ExampleHome.setCurrentDomain() method is never called. Setter methods for other page parameters, anything without converter or converterId, work fine.

  | <param name="currentDomain" value="#{exampleHome.currentDomain}"
  |   converterId="org.jboss.seam.ui.EntityConverter" />

I have a navigation rule redirect elsewhere in the application which correctly converts the entity and adds its id as the 'currentDomain' request parameter.

  | <redirect view-id="/myview.xhtml">
  |     <param name="currentDomain" value="#{exampleHome.currentDomain}"
  |      converterId="org.jboss.seam.ui.EntityConverter" />
  |    </redirect>

I've stepped through the myview rendering and watched the EntityConverter.getAsObject get called but the property is never set on the EntityHome.

Any ideas?

I'm running Seam 2.0.0.BETA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090800#4090800

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090800