[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: security-config.xml equivalent in 2.0?

samdoyle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 2 21:49:15 EDT 2007

Alright so I followed the procedures for installing drools and configuring the security.drl properly based on examples. I'm pretty sure I have it setup properly since it was complaining when I was experimenting with options in the security.drl. In anycase I have this restriction to render a tab.

  | <rich:tab switchType="page" immediate="true" rendered="#{s:hasRole('super-user')}" label="Agency Admin" name="AgencyAdmin" action="AgencyAdmin">
  |        <ui:include src="menu.xhtml">
  |          <ui:param name="projectName" value="#{projectName}"/>
  |       </ui:include>
  |    </rich:tab>

But yet this rule does not allow it to be rendered when I log in as ultra-user.

  | rule UltraUserIsSuperUser
  |   salience 10
  |   no-loop
  | when
  |   Role(name == "ultra-user")
  |   not Role(name == "super-user")
  | then
  |   insert(new Role("super-user"));
  | end

There are no exceptions or complaints from drools.

"shane.bryzak at jboss.com" wrote : Seam hasn't had a security-config.xml file since version 1.1.1.  If you wish to define a hierarchical relationship between roles, you can write security rules for this.  In fact, the seamspace example does exactly this - here's an example:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090871#4090871

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090871