[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems with links in pageflow pages based on templates

chawax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 03:57:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

In a Seam application, I use JPDL to define pageflows. All pages of my application use facelet templates. Transitions modeled in my pageflow work well, but I have a problem with links defined with s:link component in my template (for example a link to home page in a header) : Seam throws a "Illegal navigation" error.

I understood this message is thrown because there is no transition to home page modeled in my pageflow. But I can't do this because when I model my pageflow I have no idea which links will exist in the templates my pageflow pages will be based on.

I found two solutions for this, but I am fully happy with none of them ...

1 - I added propagation="node" attribute to s:link :

<s:link view="/home" value="Accueil" propagation="none" />

The problem with this solution is that it keeps conversations opened, while I'd like them to be closed.

2 - I added propagation="end" attribute to s:link

<s:link view="/home" value="Accueil" propagation="end" />

With this solution, the conversations end. But the problem is I have to click the link twice to go to home page :
- The first click ends the conversation
- The second click redirects to the home page.

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

I work with Seam 2.0.0.CR1 and JBPM 3.2.2

Any help appreciated ;)
Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4090915#4090915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4090915