[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: rendered problem for commandButton

margielm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 09:34:26 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am facing the same problem, and I have no idea how I can resolve it.

Quick view on something like my application:

I have xhtml:

  | <h:form>
  |    <h:commandButton action="#{myControler.addNewItem}" value="add" rendered="#{param.mode == 'create'}" />
  |    <h:commandButton action="#{myControler.updateItem}" value="update" rendered="#{param.mode == 'update'}" />
  |
  | </h:form>

and controler:

  | @Stateful
  | @Name("myControler")
  | public class MyControlerBean implements MyControler {
  |   public void addNewItem(){
  |     logger.debug("entering adnewitem");
  |     //rest of the method body
  |   }
  |   public void updateItem(){
  |     logger.debug("entering updateitem");
  |     //rest of the method body
  |   }
  | }

And when mode parameter value is create or update on generated site everything seems to be ok, one button is displayed another is not- so exactly what I wanted to get.
BUT!!! When I click button no action is invoke. I don't see any log on jboss console.
What is wondering - when I write true/false explicate to rendered attribute everything is ok. Prefered action is invoked.

I am using jboss seam 1.2.1GA, Jboss AS 4.2.1 and JSF 1.2

Please help :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091056#4091056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091056