[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SeamTest and expectedExceptions

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 4 01:02:52 EDT 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote :
  | i.e. install="false" says (in all place) don't install this implementation of the component.  It doesn't say (in any place) don't install this and any lower precedence versions of this component.

So, this is what I hear you saying:

<my:component-class installed="true" my-property="me"/>
means "Go find the class called ComponentClass, and make sure it's going to be installed.  In addition, when instantiating, set myProperty to "me"."

However,
<my:component-class installed="false" my-property="me"/>
means "See this xml element?  Ignore it.  Pretend it doesn't exist.  In particular, don't set myProperty to "me"."

Am I hearing you right?
If so, then I'd say two things.
First, it's unintuitive.  "installed='true'" is describing the class, while "installed='false'" is describing this xml element.

Second, I don't think Initialization.java actually implements this.  I haven't tested this, so don't quote me, but the code looks pretty clear.  The "installed" variable defined on/near line 324 isn't used to determine whether the properties are set or not.  So, in the above example, both xml declarations result in myProperty being set to "me".

Please, clarify.  I may be missing something.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091333#4091333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091333