[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: [2.0.0.CR1] selectManyListbox + convertEntity yields con

davidjoseph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 4 03:42:18 EDT 2007

I have the same problem: I noticed then when I try to use a Collection for the selectmanyselectbox value, it won't call the setter method. If I use a List this seems to work fine. Is this wanted behaviour? After all a List is a Collection.

my code:
    private Collection<SelectionItem> value;

  |     @ManyToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL)
  |     public Collection<SelectionItem> getValue() {
  |         if (value == null)
  |             value = new ArrayList<SelectionItem>();
  |         return value;
  |     }
  |
  |     public void setValue(Collection<SelectionItem> value) {
  |         System.out.println("test");
  |         this.value = value;
  |     }

<h:selectManyListbox id="genderTrainee" value="#{coach.request.genderTrainee.value}" required="false">
  |     <s:selectItems value="#{selectionItemManager.findSelectionItemByType('GENDER')}"
  |  var="g" label="#{g.name}" noSelectionLabel="#{messages.no_selection_label}" />
  |       <s:convertEntity/>
  | </h:selectManyListbox>

if have the same kind of error:
Conversion Error setting value '42 43' for '#{coach.request.genderTrainee.value}'.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091379#4091379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091379