[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Indexing binary documents / searching the cms

frontline do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 5 08:22:10 EDT 2007

I configured the jackrabbit installation by adding indexfilters for word, excel, pdf etc.
But when I search them the search rarely returns any hits. Sometimes it returns some of the documents with some words in them (other than the title), so the configuration seems to work somewhat.
Has anybody got the search to search these types of documents
successfully?

Is the jackrabbit installation just so bad/old or is there some other problem? I would remember that the newer jackrabbit releases seem to work fine with these kinds of searches.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091959#4091959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091959