[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - WTP2.0.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4 not publishing correctly

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 01:59:56 EDT 2007

When I publish an EAR project from my workspace into JBoss 4.2.1 it does not publish correctly.  I have tried both the WTP supplied 4.2 driver and the JBossAS-Tools supplied 4.2 driver.

My JBoss runtime is at /opt/jboss-4.2.1.GA this directory tree is writable by my userid, also exists is $HOME/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp2 which is also being published too as well as.

After a successful publish operation (successful from looking at the GUI, but unsuccessful from looking at the JBoss log) the following things happen:

The JBoss runtime home (/opt/jboss-4.2.1.GA/data/opt/jboss-4.2.1.GA/server/default/deploy/) ends up with an exploded EAR directory (this is the name of my project with the .ear extension but its a directory not a file), inside this directory is all the other subdirectories that make up the tree, but the only file in there is that of a Utility JAR.  There was no META-INF/application.xml and there is no EJB implementation JAR.

In the workspace server plugin temporary area for this server instance ($HOME/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp2) I find an EAR file (which internally has my META-INF/application.xml, my Utility JAR and my EJB JAR).  It also has a directory (same name as EAR but without the .ear extension) this has all 3 files I'd expect to see in an exploded EAR tree.

When looking at the launch configuration for JBoss I can't see where the workspace deployment location is specified in the configuration, so I can only presume that what JBoss sees is only the file copied into the runtime home.  Unlike Tomcat which can have a read-only runtime home but a read-write instance tree allowing for the sharing of the container by multiple instances in server tooling.

What copies the files during deployment into the JBoss runtime tree ?

Is there anyone who is actually using the server tools successfully in this way ?  If so what versions of things to you have installed ?

I'm using: Eclipse 3.3.1, WTP 2.0.1, JBoss 4.2.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4

Thanks, Darryl

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092394#4092394

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092394