[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - DataModel/dataTable for rendering 2 tables

mpw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 09:54:24 EDT 2007

I am trying to develope a Real Estate System with Sellers and
their listings. I have one-to-many Sellers to Listings. I am
having a problem rendering in via JSF/Facelets a DataTable
that display fields from both tables ie Seller and Listings.

I am using a Join Fetch to join all sellers that have listings. I can
see from log.info that the query works and all fields from both
tables are being pulled from the database.

in my JSF page i can say:

    sellers.firstname
    sellers.lastname
     etc. which works fine

     when i try sellers.listings.mls

     this does not work and i get an error that 'mls' is an unknown
     field. If i try other fields from the listings table the same results.

Is it possible to render fields from 2 tables via the dataTable and
if so what is the way to do it?

- Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092565#4092565

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092565