[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - SSO several war in one ear

djoukit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 12:23:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I use JBoss 4.2.0.
I have an ear which contains several war.
And I want to activate SSO between the multiple webapps.

I read some posts on the forum and some interresting links such as the wiki post about SSO : http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SingleSignOn

I made several changes in my configuration in order to activate SSO but I can't find a way to make it work.

- I activated the SSO Valve in  jboss-web.deployer/server.xml by adding this line : <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" debug="2"/>

- I declared my application-policy in conf/login-config.xml : <application-policy name = "Djoukit">
  |       <authentication>
  |          <login-module code = "com.djoukit.composant.securite.authentification.spi.DataBaseLoginModule"
  |              flag = "required">
  |             <module-option name = "dsJndiName">java:/PostgreSqlDS</module-option>
  |          </login-module>
  |       </authentication>
  |    </application-policy>

- for each webapp I have a jboss-web.xml file with : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN" "jboss-web_2_2.dtd" >
  | <jboss-web>
  | 	<security-domain>java:/jaas/Djoukit</security-domain>
  | </jboss-web>

- I also added log on jboss security by modifying the log4j conf

This solution didn't work (I wont be posting if it id :)).
I don't even get any log in the console showing the work of the SSO Valve.

I guess I'm doing something wrong ...

I'm not really a J2EE Security Expert
Any help would be muchly appreciated

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092656#4092656